As you compare solar energy companies, ask them the following six questions to ensure that you make an informed decision:
- Do you provide free solar evaluations? You shouldn't have to pay for a solar company to determine whether or not you're a viable customer. Look for a provider that offers a free assessment so you can decide whether solar is right for your home before you make an investment.
- Can you help me take advantage of tax credits and rebates? There are a lot of financial incentives available in California and if you don't know where to find them you could be missing out on savings. Ask providers whether they actively participate in helping you save.
- Can you help me secure solar financing? If you're one of the many homeowners that cannot afford to pay for a solar system upfront, make sure you select a provider than can help you finance your equipment and installation. Solar loans generally cost less in the long run, so make sure this is an option before you commit.
- Do you participate in the California Solar Initiative? The CSI is a program that provides cash rebates for residential solar installations. However, it's important to work with a provider that participates in the program if you want to take advantage of these financial incentives.
- Do you handle the city and utility inspection? Many providers will ensure that your system passes all necessary inspections, but make sure this cost is included in the initial estimate if they charge extra for it.
- Do you provide support services after my system is installed? Solar panels require very little maintenance, but what if you have questions about your inverter? A good provider will stand behind their equipment and service by providing support after installation.
Solar energy companies should say yes to each one of these questions. If they don't, it's time to look for another provider.
Kurios Energy responds with a resounding yes to all of these important questions. We start with a free solar evaluation and then help you select the solar power system that makes the most sense for your home and budget. We'll also help you determine your eligibility for tax credits and rebates, then help ensure that you can claim them. What else would you ask solar energy companies?