Posted by Todd Filbrun on Tue, Jan 15, 2013 @ 09:00 AM
Installing a solar power system in Northern California is not as simple as buying a few panels and mounting them to your roof. In order to get the most affordable, efficient, and effective system, you should work with a qualified provider who can help you through every step of the process, and there are more steps than you might expect.
There are several other factors you must consider when installing a solar power system, including:
- Solar potential - The solar resource in the Fresno and Sacramento areas is relatively high compared to other parts of the country. However, that does not mean that the solar potential of your site is optimal. The orientation of your roof, surrounding trees or tall buildings, and other factors will impact how much solar energy can be harnessed at your home or business.
- Usage habits - How much energy do you currently use? How might your usage habits change in the future? Ensuring that you have enough solar capacity to meet your energy needs is important if you want to get the most from your investment.
- System design - The orientation, size, and shape of your roof will inform how your solar power system is designed. Even factors such as the location of inverters must also be considered when designing a system that will be both functional and convenient to operate.
- Financing - How do you plan to pay for your solar power system? If you have enough cash you can purchase the panels and pay for the labor upfront, but if you don't, you need to decide whether to lease or buy your system. Don't forget to factor in tax incentives and local rebates into this important financial decision.
- Installation - Who will install your panels and ensure that they pass city and utility inspections? The importance of working with a qualified solar installer cannot be understated as it can impact both your equipment warranty and your eligibility for financial incentives.
If you are considering installing a solar power system for your home or business, work with the professionals at Kurios Energy. We'll provide a free evaluation to help you determine what type of system is right for you. Contact us today to learn more or to schedule a consultation.